Friday, May 22, 2009

Top 5 @ Yohji Yamamoto FW09

The master showed yet another cool collection of edgy cutting and handwork recently.
The older I get, the more I learned to appreciate the importance of beautiful cuttings of these masters, and how well they would make you feel when you move around with them.


Long drape dress.
There is absolutely no issue in picturing myself in this dress, that could easily take me from one end to the other of the world.


Fabric mixing is yet another special skill of Master Y.
I love how the outer layer simply enhance the inner layer and cutting of the heavier fabric underneath.
And the pinkish ankle bootie.


More complicated and structural work here. But I think this make the whole dress so 3D feel.


Similar treatment, but yet very different.
And it's an orangey-red suit!


Another of my favourite dress.
The collar, and the cut.

No comments: