Sunday, August 16, 2009

Nocturnes

I think it is time for us to share more than just fashion on this blog. reading has always been a big part of my life (and many out there I believe), so sharing on books and reviews and the little feeling lingering after a good book, seem to be a natural part of this blog.



To be the first book featured here, Kazuo Ishiguro's Nocturnes is of course special. The five stories written is, in many ways soft and sensitive in touching the human senses. How Mr. Ishiguro linked the music topics in these stories, which pretty different in their content, is an ingenious way.

From the real reason behind Lindy Gardner and Tony Gardner's divorce to the Piazza Cellist, I love how I get to discover the little surprises at every turn in every story.

Such a nice discovery. Thanks Ms. D

No comments: